Scope of homoeopathy in Osteoarthritis. Arthritis is a chronic joint disorder resulting from the breakdown of cartilage of one or more joints.It is neither a systemic nor an autoimmune disease.Generally Osteoarthritis is a result of natural aging.
Causes of Osteo Arthritis:
– The main and most common cause of Osteo Arthritis is aging. It is partly the result of natural aging of a joint.With aging,the water content in the cartilage increases and the protein constituents of the cartilage degenerates,thus causing breakdown of the cartilage.
– Genetics-There is a high probability that a person will suffer from osteo arthritis if his/her family members or ancestors suffered from it.
– Other diseases-Sometime other diseases can cause secondary osteo arthritis.Some of these diseases are Obesity, diabetes,congenital abnormalities, gout and so on.
Homeopathic treatment Osteoarthritis rheumatoid arthritis rheumatism
Symptoms of Osteo Arthritis:
– Feeling of intense pain in the groin area and buttocks, and both knees joint pain.
– Pain and stiffness in the affected joint areaslike knee pain, hip pain,finger joint pain,foot pain,ankle pain or wrist pain.
Treatments of Osteo Arthritis:
Various treatments can be carried out for Osteo Arthritis pain relieve.Weight should be reduced by maintaining a routine diet.Activities that exert excessive stress on the joint cartilage should be avoided. Exercises like swimming, walking, cycling etc are beneficial.
– Yoga is a very useful natural exercise to reduce the symptoms of Osteo Arthritis.Some of the yoga poses for this cause are:-
– 1. Tadasana:-
Homeopathic treatment Osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis .
Also known as Mountain Pose, it helps to strengthen the knees,ankles,hips etc and also helps in reducing weight.
Also known as Staff Pose,this yoga pose increases the flexibility of the hip muscles and also strengthens the back muscles.
Diet for Osteo Arthritis:-
Apart from Yoga,Osteo Arthritis symptoms can also be reduced by following a healthy diet.The main goal is to decrease the body weight so that no extra strain is put on the joint cartilages.
Scope of homoeopathy in Osteoarthritis.
Best Foods for Osteo Arthritis Patients:
– Some of the best foods to include in the diet are:-
– Omega-3 Fatty Acids-Foods having high concentration of Omega-3 Fatty Acids are the healthiest foods for Osteo Arthritis patients.They decrease inflammation by suppressing the production of cytokines and enzymes that break down cartilage.Some of these foods are fish like tuna,salmon,mackerel,sardines,etc.
– Vitamin C -Vitamin C is an antioxidant and helps in developing cartilage.Some of the foods from which Vitamin-C can be obtained are Citrus fruits like oranges,lemons,apples,etc;strawberries,tomatoes and so on.
Foods to avoid:
–Some of the foods to avoid for OsteoArthriti patients are:-
– Sugar-Sugary foods such as cakes, pastries,cookies etc have high amounts of carbohydrates which increase the body weight.
– Salt-Eating too much salt increases inflammation and thus causes degeneration of cartilage.
– Dairy Products like milk,yogurt etc increases inflammation and thus trigger arthritis pain.
Homeopathic Treatment for Osteo Arthritis:
– Osteo Arthritis can be treated by using homeopathic medicines.Some of the useful Homeopathic medicines are:-
– 1. Bryonia Alba-Used in treatment of osteoarthritis, pain with inflammation which is aggravated by movements.
– 2. Rutagraveolens-This medicine is prescribed for patients suffering from intense stiffness and lameness.
Unlike Osteo Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes joint pain and damage throughout the body.It causes the joint on the other side of the already damaged joint to be affected as well.Hence if one arm or leg is affected,the other arm or leg will also be affected.
Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
– Some of the causes of rheumatoid arthritis are:-
– 1. Genetics-Just like in the case of Osteoarthritis,genetics play a vital role in causing Rheumatoid Arthritis.A family history of rheumatoid arthritis may cause this disease.
– 2. Injury- injury like breakage of bone,ligament damage or joint dislocation may trigger rheumatoid arthritis.
– 3. Obesity
– 4. Smoking
Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
– Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis include:-
– Inflammation and pain in the joints.
– Swelling of Joints
– Joint stiffness
– Deprivation of joint functions
OSTEO ARTHRITIS and RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS:THEIR CAUSES AND HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES
Manage arthritis pain, useful source https://www.rheumatoidarthritis.org/natural-solutions/
Scope of homoeopathy in Osteoarthritis
Treatments of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
There is no cure of Rheumatoid Arthritis.But it can be managed by using some treatments and maintain a healthy diet.An adequate amount of rest and sleep is required for reducing the pain and fatigue.Ice packs are also beneficial to reduce inflammation and pain.
Low impact exercise like Yoga is very useful to strengthen the muscles and also to relieve pressure from the joints.
– Some of the yoga poses for treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis are:-
– 1. Pawanmuktasana-
Also known as the Wind Relieving Pose,it helps to relieve air trapped in the joints,improve blood circulation and thus reduce pain in the joints.
– 2. Paschimottanasana-
Also called the Forward Seated Bend,this pose helps to strengthen the spine and increase lubrication in the joints.
Diet for Rheumatoid Arthritis patients:
Aside from yoga,following a well maintained diet is very important for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.The diet should be inflammatory.
Best Foods to include in the diet:-
– Omega-3 Fatty Acids-Similar to Osteo Arthritis,foods containing high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids are very beneficial for Rheumatoid Arthritis patients.Tuna,Salmon,Sardines etc have high amounts of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
– Antioxidants such as Vitamins A,C and E help in reducing inflammation.Some of the foods which contain these antioxidants are citrus fruits,berries,dark chocolates,spinach and other green vegetables.
Foods to avoid:
– The foods to avoid for Rheumatoid Arthritis sufferers are:-
– Refined Grains-Processed carbohydrates like white rice,white bread etc should be avoided as they cause inflammation.
– Dairy products,fried foods,red meat and saturated fats also cause inflammation and thus should be avoided.
– Excessive alcohol consumption increases inflammation.
Homeopathic Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis:
– Homeopathic remedies offer a long term effect on the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.Some of the best Homeopathic medicines for this cause are:-
– 1. Causticum-This homeopathic medicine is prescribed for people suffering from arthritis with deformities in joints.
– 2. Colchicum-This is the most common Homeopathic medicine for Rheumatoid Arthritis.Symptoms include numbness in the fingers, stiffness in the joints, pain which gets worsened at evening and nights,feverish feeling and so on.
best homeopathic medicine for osteoarthritis