What is THYROID GLAND (GOITER):
Goiter is an abnormal enlargement of thyroid gland. It is a butterfly shaped gland and it is located at the bottom of the neck just below Adams apple. Goiters are painless although.
Cause of Goiter:
– It is caused due to lack of iodine intake.
– A goiter can sometimes occur due toan increase in thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) in response to a defect in normal hormone synthesis within the thyroid gland.
– A hormone produced during pregnancy, human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), may cause your thyroid gland to enlarge slightly.
– Thyroiditis is an inflammatory condition that can cause pain and swelling in the thyroid. It may also cause an over- or underproduction of thyroxine.
Symptoms of Goiter:
– A tight feeling in your throat.
– Difficulty swallowing.
– Difficulty breathing functioning.
It should be kept in mind that not all the goiters causesymptoms. Effective Yoga poses that help in mitigating Thyroid:
Yoga is undoubtedly helpful to cure any dreadful disease and a safe and easy option too. Some of the poses that may help to cure this thyroid disorders are
– 1. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose):
This inverted pose helps in squeezing out the stagnant secretions by improving blood circulation. It controls thyroxine which stimulates the thyroid glands.
– 2. Matsyasana (Fish Pose):
In this pose due to the stretching in your neck joints and muscles stiffness reduces that provides a healing effect. It helps in controlling the depressions and mood swings caused by the goiter.
Best food for your thyroid health:
– Some of the best foods for thyroid are:
– 1. Foods high in iodine: seaweed.
– 2. Foods rich in pectins: apples, pears, plugins, and citrus fruits.
– 3. Foods high in selenium: Brazil nuts, tuna, sardines, beef, turkey, and chicken.
– 4. Foods high in zinc: pumpkin seeds, oysters, crab, lobster, legumes, nuts, sunflower seeds.
– 5. Foods high in fiber: beans and legumes.
– 6. Foods rich in vitamin D:yogurt , orange juice, sardines, milks.
Foods to avoid in Goiter:
– Gluten containing foods:beer, Bread, cereals, pasta, etc.
– Some fruits: Peaches, pears and strawberries.
– Soy foods: Tofu, tempeh, edamame beans, soy milk, etc.
– Beverages: Coffee, green tea and alcohol — these beverages may irritate your thyroid gland.
– Some vegetables: Broccoli, kale, spinach, cabbage, etc.
Homeopathic treatment for Thyroid Gland (Goiter):
The conventional treatment for thyroid involves surgeries or life long medications. Even after the surgery you need to take supplements for the rest of your life. This is not only costly but also has many side effects.
Latest homeopathic treatments stimulate the natural hormone secretions which will give you a permanent cure without any side effects. Thisthyroid treatment will help to boost energy, improve circulation and thereby help balancing hypo as well as hyperthyroid functions. This treatment will certainly reduce the dependencies on external supplements.
– Some of the latest homeopathic medicines for treating Goiter are:
– 1. Spongia – One of the top grade Homeopathic medicines for goiter with swollen, enlarged thyroid gland.
– 2. Iodum – One of the best Homeopathic medicines for goiter with hyperactive thyroid and accelerated metabolic functions.
– 3. FucusVesiculosus and Lycopus– Lesser known Homeopathic medicines of great help in goiter patients.
– 4. Calcarea Carb – One of the most efficient Homeopathic medicines for goiter with enlarged thyroid gland and slow metabolic functions.