What is Asthma?
Asthma is an allergic chronic lung disease (due to hereditary, environmental or may be for some medication, smoking etc. which cause wheezing and chest discomfort. Asthma are generally considered as not curable but manageable . Asthmatic attack can be triggered by cold air, dust, or strong emotions.
Causes of Asthma:
- Airborne substances such as pollen, dust mites, west particles.
- Physical activity (exercise-induced asthma).
- Cold air.
- Air pollutants and smoke.
- Some respiratory infections.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease commonly known as GERD, in this condition stomach acids back up into your throat.
– 1. Quit Smoking: Quitting to Smoke tobacco can decrease the effect of asthma being triggered.
B. Safety measures-Palliate Asthma:
after aborting the intake of tobacco, the effect of asthma also decreases as tobacco triggered asthma.
What is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the main airways followed by infection (Bacterial or viral) in the lungs that causes difficulty in breathing, coughing out yellowish green thick sputum/mucus, chest discomfort, wheezing and sometimes low-grade fever. Bronchitis is normally curable. But Bronchitis can become chronic also, especially in smokers. Bronchitis is more common among the children, and the heavy smokers.
Causes of Bronchitis:
- Acute bronchitis: It is caused by viruses, and by those that cause colds and flu.
- Chronic bronchitis: It is caused by constant irritation and damage to the lung and airway tissue.
– 1. Quitting Smoking: Quitting Smoking tobacco can decrease the effect of asthma.
B. Safety Measures-Mitigating Bronchitis:
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers to reduce inflammation, ease pain, and lower your fever.
- Increase the humidity in your home or use a humidifier.
- Take plenty of rest.
–Yoga is an exemplary natural remedy for curing Asthma and Bronchitis
Natural exercise like yoga is very useful for Asthma relief. Some yoga poses aiding in Asthma and bronchitis relief are:-
– 1. Straddled Splits-
This yoga pose involves stretching of the body and thus helps to open up the lungs.
– 2. Pranayama-
This is a very simple yoga pose and it helps in improving the breathing by leaps and bounds.
– Asthma Diet:
If you are suffering from Asthma, you might search for some ways to cure it through a diet. Though, only a diet can’t reduce the airway inflammation but it certainly can reduce the severity of asthma attacks and make it manageable.
Best food for Asthma patients:
– Vitamin D and Vitamin A-rich foods:
Researches prove that the foods containing Vitamin D (milk, salmon, fortified orange juice, eggs etc.) help to reduce the number of asthma attacks in children between the age group 6 to 15. Studies also found that vitamin A-rich foods (carrot, sweet potatoes etc.) help to improve the lung functions.
The low magnesium level results to a low lung flow and volume, so magnesium-rich foods must have included in the diet for asthma patients. Some foods containing magnesium are dark chocolate, spinach, pumpkin seeds etc.
– Apples and Bananas:
A apple a day can help to keep the asthma away. According to many nutritionist apple decreases the risk of asthma and also helps to improve your lung functions. Bananas also contents a good amount of antioxidant and potassium which can improve your lung’s condition.
Other than this you can opt for Vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables. Ascorbic acid also helps to improve lung functions so you can choose broccoli, pepper, Kale etc which are good sources of ascorbic acid.
Foods to avoid with asthma:
Sulfites are a type of preservative, generally found in wine, dried fruits, shrimp etc. can worsen your asthma attacks. So it’s better to avoid them completely.
– Foods that cause gas:
Gas will put pressure on your diaphragm which can cause chest tightness and trigger your asthma attacks. Some of these foods that cause gas are beans, cabbage, onions, garlic, fried fruits etc.
Beside this some asthma patients are sensitive to salicylates that often found in coffee, tea etc. So it’s a wise decision to avoid them.
– Bronchitis Diet:
Sometimes the irritation caused by bronchitis is unbearable. Here are some home remedies to ease the irritation.
– A mixture of dry ginger, black pepper and long pepper can give you an instant result due to its anti-inflammatory properties that provides relief to your swollen bronchial tubes.
– Giloy (TinosporaCordifolia) juice can give you a magical soothing effect.
– Ginger soup and ginger tea are equally effective to reduce the irritation.
Homeopathic Treatments for Asthma and Bronchitis:
A very effective way of permanently curing Asthma and Bronchitis is Homeopathic treatment.Some homeopathic medicines for Asthma and Bronchitis are:-
– 1. Antimonium Tart-This homeopathic medicine is to be used for Asthma and Chronic Bronchitis accompanied with chest rattling.
– 2. TylophoraIndica Q-This is a special medicine for bronchial Asthma.