Homeopathy treatment for psoriasis and eczema
What is Psoriasis or Eczema ?
In case of Psoriasis a thick patch of white scales occur due to the overproduction of skin cells. This silvery-white spots build up by the dead cells are the main characteristics of Psoriasis. In Psoriasis the inflamed and red skin causes serious itching. Though there is no permanent cure,the latest homeopathic treatment can improve your condition.
On the other hand Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis is the reaction that occurs due to hypersensitivity, is completely curable. This hypersensitivity generally outgrows in childhood or in early adulthood.This can be triggered by dyes, animals, fabrics, soaps and other irritants.
Symptoms of Psoriasis:
– The symptoms of Psoriasis vary from person to person. Here are some of the common symptoms
– Red patches of skin covered with thick, silvery scales.
– Itching, burning or soreness.
– Swollen and stiff joints.
– Dry, cracked skin that may bleed.
– Swollen and stiff joints.
– Thickened, pitted or ridged nails.
Symptoms of Eczema:
– One may have all of the symptoms listed below or just few of them:
– Rough, leathery or scaly patches of skin.
– Red, inflamed skin.
– Dry, sensitive skin.
– Areas of swelling.
– Dark colored patches of skin.
– Very bad itching.
– Oozing or crusting
Causes of Psoriasis:
– Psoriasis can be caused due to the following reasons:
– Genetic link.
– Some environmental factors such as certain medication, infection, stress or injuries.
– Psoriatic Arthritis.
– Type 2 diabetes.
– Cardiovascular disease.
– High blood pressure.
– Crohn’s Disease.
– High cholesterol.
– Ulcerative colitis.
Causes of Eczema:
– The combinations of factors that may cause eczema are:
– Activities that may cause skin to be more sensitive.
– Abnormal function of the immune system.
– Defects in the skin barrier that allows moisture out and germs in.
Yoga can help you to fight this kind of skin problems. Yoga helps us to get rid of depressions and anxieties which is a common factor for both the diseases. It helps us to improve our immunity system which will certainly reduce this type of skin problems.
– Some of the effective Yoga poses for Psoriasis and Eczema are:
– 1. Bhastrika:
With your hands resting on your knees and arms stretched straight, close your eyes and inhale deeply through both the nostrils. If a nostril is blocked for some reason, close it with your thumb or the two middle fingers and inhale with the other nostril. Follow this up with exhalation. Exhale deeply till you empty out all the stale air inside your lungs. Do this exercise for two to three minutes.
– 2. Agnissar:
Inhale deeply but slowly, pushing your stomach muscles outward, as if filling up your stomach with air. Exhale deeply right thereafter, pulling your stomach muscles inward, as if trying to pull your stomach in as close to your back as possible. Hold your breath here and move your stomach in and out vigorously as many times as possible, before releasing it and allowing air to fill up your lungs. Do this exercise three times, five times or 11 times, as prescribed.
– 3. Kapalbhati:
This is a double-nostril breathing exercise. This consists of a series of quick exhalations accompanied by an inward drawing motion of the stomach. You must sit in the same position as you did for bhastrika, to do this exercise. You must concentrate only on the exhalations; the inhalations take place involuntarily. Thus an exhalation and an inward stomach movement per second set the pace for KB. Do this continuously for five minutes without stopping. However, if you are a beginner, you may take anywhere between a few days to a few weeks to achieve this speed. You can start off slowly; maybe you can do it continuously for two to three minutes, stop, and then start again. You must work towards doing KB for 15 minutes at a time, with a rest period every five minutes.
Diet for Psoriasis and Eczema:
It isn’t certain that a good diet will cure Psoriasis or eczema, but it greatly helps to reduce the symptoms.
Best Foods to include in the diet:
– The best foods which should be included in the diet for Psoriasis and eczema patients are:-
– Grains-Whole grains like bread, oatmeal, cereals, pasta, and brown rice contain a variety of anti-inflammatory antioxidants. They also have high amounts of fiber.
– Omega-3 Fatty Acids reduce inflammation and improve the immunity system which is overactive in Psoriasis patients.Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines are sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
– Fruits and Vegetables-Psoriasis is an inflammatory disease and thus fruits and vegetables help to reduce the symptoms as they contain anti inflammatory properties.
Foods to avoid:
– The foods to avoid by Psoriasis and eczema patients are:-
– Alcohols-Over intake of alcohol causes or increases inflammation and thus should be avoided or its consumption should be minimized.
– Sugar-Processed sugar is very unhealthy.Excess intake of sugar not only increases inflammation,but also increases the weight and increase of weight aggravates the Psoriasis condition.
– Fried foods-Fried foods are high inflammatory foods and are responsible for various diseases.
Homeopathic treatment for Psoriasis:
Homeopathy is a great remedy for Psoriasis patients. Some of the best homeopathic medicines for this purpose are
– 1. Carcinosin-This homeopathic medicine is prescribed for patients who suffer from Psoriasis because of genetics.
– 2.Kali Arsenicum-This homeopathic medicine is prescribed for patients who suffer from severe itching in warm conditions.
Homeopathic Remedies for Eczema:
– Homeopathic remedies are there to treat the root causes of the disease.Some of the medicines are:-
– 1. Graphites-It is prescribed for people who suffer from eczema thriving in warm,moist places such as the folds of elbows, behind the ears, behind the knees etc
– 2. Psorinium-This homeopathic medicine is prescribed for patients suffering from severe itching which leads to constant scratching.